A Northern Region Event
HPB School of the Wisdom
“Know Thyself – Be Thyself”
HPB Lodge Auckland is hosting an exciting new Foundation Course: Know Thyself – Be Thyself, developed and presented by Dorothy Bell.
The Course is designed as a series of four (4) progressive indepth workshop weekends that allow for both enquiry into - and experiment with - key questions about life
Who am I? Where have I come from? Where am I going? What’s the purpose of my life on Earth?
How can I live my life better to achieve my purpose?
We shall be….
- Identifying key ideas of a Theosophical Worldview to respond to these questions
- Testing/working them into everyday living - seeing with the eyes of spirit
- Exploring how our minds are programmed away from who we truly are
- Recognizing our personal conditioned beliefs/emotions and seeing how they control our thoughts and reactions
- Experimenting with ways of changing our existing patterns of thinking
- Looking at ways of harmonizing our thoughts with Universal Laws
- Strengthening inner Self with techniques of meditation & contemplation
- Sharing the uniqueness of our journeys on the steep and thorny path
Our enquiry will utilise relevant primary source material from theosophical literature.
Pre-reading and homework (action research) activities will be part of the program.
Dates of weekends & times
Friday evening 7.30pm through to Sunday 12 noon
21 -23 February 2014
25 - 27 April 2014
6 - 8 June 2014
21 -23 November 2014
For more details: See Programme
Flyer and Registration Form
Participants must register to attend the workshops. You can download the registration form here: Download
Dorothy Bell joined the Theosophical Society in 1999. Her education career includes a Master's degree in Education, research, school consultancy and a Fulbright Scholarship to the US. She is also a trained counsellor and community mediator. Dorothy has presented theosophical programmes and published articles internationally. Her special interest is theosophical education and the psychology of spirituality.