Amanda's Beginners' Yoga Class
- TUESDAY EVENINGS: 6pm - 7.15pm beginners' yoga
- FOLLOWED BY: 7.15pm - 7.30pm pranayama/meditation
- WHERE: Theosophical Centre, 4 Warborough Ave, Epsom
- COST: By donation or Koha.
Amanda offers a unique opportunity to experience and fully explore your own potential. Yoga practices will help you to sow the seeds of inner peace and happiness and discover your own range of strength and flexibility. There will be time for you to enjoy the benefits of your practice, facilitated by techniques taught to master the art of relaxation.
Using an integrated and compassionate approach, the yoga classes will incorporate poses to revitalise and restore both the body and mind; adapting & modifying classical asanas where needed, and offering a wide-range of techniques including mantra (chants),mudra (hand gestures), pranayama (breathing techniques) joint-rotations & relaxation techniques. You may decide to stay after the session for a 15 minute group meditation with guidance on simple meditation techniques. Please note:
- Please wear comfortable clothing and bring a yoga mat and a warm top/or blanket for relaxation.
- No previous yoga experience is required.
- If you are pregnant or have any health issues that might impede your yoga practice, please inform Amanda before the class begins.
- It is best that your last meal before class is eaten not less than 3 hours before the class starts.
Amanda began her practice of Hatha yoga in 1979 and completed her formal studies of Yoga at Wellpark College of Natural Therapies. Currently,she teaches Hatha Yoga, Yoga Philosophy, Yoga Psychology & Yoga Therapy.
Dedicated to honoring the timeless wisdom of the East as exemplified in the life and teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda, she enjoys making Yoga knowledge and practices accessible and understood by all.